Date : 25.5.2011
Time : 7.45 – 8.45 mrg
Year : 3 Tharma
No. of students : 33
Theme: Learning About the World around Us
Learning Area: Magnet
Learning objectives: 1.1 that magnet can attract or repel each other
Pre requisite knowledge: Pupils knew that magnet attract as they used or seen magnetic objects
Learning outcomes: By the end of the lesson students are able to:
1. Demonstrate that magnets can attract or repel each other.
2. State that magnet can attract or repel each other
Science Process Skill: Observing, Classifying, Communicating
Thinking Skills : relating , generating ideas
Teaching and learning resources :
2. Metal and non-metal objects
3. Flash cards
Teaching and learning activities
-magnetic real objects
1. Teacher asks about things that
attracted by magnets at home.
2. Teacher shows some examples in
the flash cards.
3. Teacher asks how they attract?
1. Pupils list down the magnetic objects.
2. Pupils answer some relevan answers.
-Type of magnets
Bar magnet, U-shaped magnet, Circular magnet, horseshoe magnet, cylindrical magnet.
- Magnet attract or repel
- Magnets have South pole and North pole
1. Teacher asks pupils to state the
types of magnets.
2. Teacher shows the real magnets
and their names to pupils.
3. Teacher asks pupils to name them.
4. Teacher ask the poles that magnet
5. Teacher asks pupils to name the
1. Pupils state the types of magnet they know.
2. Pupils state the names and the pictures of magnet.
Bar magnet,U-shaped magnet, Circular magnet, horseshoe magnet, cylindrical magnet.
3. Pupils show and state the poles to teacher.
- North pole
- Name the poles
- State magnet can attract or repel
1. Teacher divides pupils into group
2. Each group given different types of
3. Pupils test magnet attract or repel,
using some metal and non-metal
4. Teacher ask why they attract and
5. Pupils name the poles to the given
1. Pupils test the magnets and state different poles attract and same poles repel.
2. Pupils name the poles.
-name the magnets
-label the poles
- tick attract or repel
1. Teacher plays the MyCD.
2. Teacher asks pupils to answer the questions.
3. Next, teacher distributes the worksheets.
4. Teacher discusses the answers.
1. Pupils do the exercises in the CD orally.
2. Pupils label the poles and write magnet attract or repel each other.
-magnets have 2 poles
1. Teacher asks some questions to pupils.
- How many poles do magnet have?
- How magnets attract and repel?
2. Teacher ends the lesson.
1. Pupils answer:
- 2 poles : North pole ,South pole
- Different poles attract and same poles repels.